Don’t miss the 2023 Solar Games at Intersolar North America!
- on February 15, 2023
- Categories: Roof Tech
When the Solar Games debuted at Intersolar North America in 2022, it was lauded as the industry’s first and only competition to pit solar installers against one another to build solar and storage systems before a live audience in a stadium setting.
Now the second annual Solar Games promises to be one of the most exciting events at this year’s Intersolar North America in Long Beach, California. The 2023 Solar Games kicks off Tuesday February 14, 2023, at the Intersolar North America and Energy Storage North America expo hall at Long Beach Convention Center. The competition will continue over three days until the final round winner is named Solar Games Champion and awarded a $10,000 cash prize on Thursday morning February 16th.
RT-MINI II chosen again as the official mounting base for all installations.
Once again, Roof Tech will serve as a key equipment sponsor for the Solar Games, providing all competitors with RT-MINI II, its patented residential roof mount base featuring self-flashing AlphaSeal™ PV Mounting Technology. RT-MINI II offers unparalleled speed and efficiency to enable installers to quickly attach conventional railed systems to any sloped roof made of metal, EPDM, TPO, or asphalt. Roof Tech will also be showing its full range of innovative mounting products at Intersolar Booth 1859, including RT-APEX, the most advanced rail-less residential roof mount featuring Roof Tech’s own AlphaSeal™ Technology.
Eight competitors set to vie for the 2023 championship.
The eight teams set to compete in this year’s event will be judged on installation quality, safety, speed, and overall performance. Each team consists of four or five installers to allow for three people on the roof and one to delegate tasks. This year’s competitors include Sol-Up, last year’s winner, plus seven more teams:
- All Energy Solar, Saint Paul, MC
- Aloha Solar, Encinitas, CA
- Bright Panel Solar, Auburn, CT
- Grid Alternatives, Oakland, CA
- Northwest Electric and Solar, Kenmore, WA
- Option One Solar, Apple Valley, CA
- Solar Works Energy, Albuquerque, NM
- Sol-Up, Las Vegas, NV
Mark your calendar for the three-day tournament schedule!
Don’t miss this chance to watch some of the nation’s most talented solar installation teams compete for the grand prize of $10,000 in cash at the 2023 Solar Games:
- Tuesday February 14
- 10:30am: Sol-Up vs. Option One Solar
- 1:15pm: Solar Works Energy vs. Bright Planet Solar
- 4:00pm: Grid Alternatives vs. All Energy Solar
- Tuesday February 14
- 10:30am: Aloha Solar vs. Northwest Electric and Solar
- 1:15pm: Semi-Final Phase One
- 4:00pm: Semi-Final Phase Two
- Thursday February 16
- 11:00am: Championship Round
- Announcement of first place winner of $10,000 cash prize
- Announcement of second- and third-place winners of $3,500 and $2,500 respectively
To learn more about the 2023 Solar Games, visit https://www.intersolar.us/solar-games-2023/